Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Terry P's Egg Salad Special


As the middle child of 7 kids growing up I helped mom in the kitchen quite a bit. Not so much because I had to as much as I loved to. I used to spend hours with my mom learning how to prepare main dishes, desserts and so forth. As I grew older the passion continued and I started cooking for friends. To this day I still fancy myself as somewhat of a chef so from time to time I wish to share a few of my recipes.

Since it is summer I am always looking for something quick to make in the kitchen and one of my summer favorites is my egg salad sandwiches. Although it may sound pretty plain I have received a lot of compliments on this. A dash of this and that really brings this mixture to life.

Ingredients

4 eggs

mayonnaise

yellow mustard

12 green olives

crushed red pepper

basil

seasoned salt

sour cream

black pepper

1 onion

1 tomato

lettuce

bacon bit

8 slices of wheat or white bread


Boil eggs for 3 minutes, and let cool. You can do this ahead of time so that they are ready for you at lunch time. Peel eggs and chop with spoon in large mixing bowl. Add one table spoon of mayonnaise, one table spoon of sour cream and 1/2 table spoon of yellow mustard and mix thoroughly. Then sprinkle in 1/2 table spoon of crushed red pepper, a hint of basil, black pepper and seasoning salt. Chop 12 green olives and add to mixture and once again mix thoroughly. Your mixture is now ready. If you want you can cool in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or it is good just as it is.

Now toast your bread and lay on your plate. Add a mixture to each sandwich and top with bacon bits, a slice of onion, tomato and top it off with lettuce. Add the top slice to your sandwich, slice diagonally and serve with a pickle. Hm mm. good. Let me know how it goes for you. I also substitute jalapeno peppers for the green olives at times. Enjoy.


Terry

**Here is your Economic Stimulus Package. http://www.ReGenesis2x2.com/tp10638

**


No comments:

Post a Comment