Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Necessity of Personal Development


As a kid in my late teens in the mid to late seventies I found myself lost, with no confidence, unsure of myself and just plain miserable. I was drifting along with no direction. The things that used to bring me pleasure didn't do so anymore. Perhaps I had outgrown them or they just didn't challenge me anymore. I don't know, but what I did know was I need something to change my thoughts, my attitude, my look, just about everything about me if I were going to be the kind of person I desired to be.

A friend turned me on to a book that was hot at the time called "Looking out for number 1". It was my first taste of personal development and boy did that make me hungry for more. I started reading anything I could that I thought would improve me as a person, I even got into some deep Metaphysical philosophies as I was craving more and more, which was surprising even to me, because up to that point in my life about the only thing I ever read was the sports page.

Anyway, it wasn't long before people started commenting on how I was somehow different or that I had matured and I started to thing about what was causing the change in me and I realized it was because my thinking had radically changed and all that good stuff I was putting into my brain was actually effecting me in an exciting new way.

Before long I was back in school working on a degree, writing songs on the side and just living a much better life. I got married and started raising a family and progressing in my career which eventually took me to network marketing. The people I became associated with in network marketing soon got me involved in a personal development program and I eagerly dug into some of the great mentors and authors. People like Jim Rohn, Tony Robbins, Robert Kiyosaki, Randy Gage. Spiritual leaders such as Eric Butterworth and Cathering Ponder. I couldn't get enough and I attribute most of the success I had in network marketing to these people. Without the constant growing and the recreating of myself I believe I surely would have failed. My wife and I made six figures in just eighteen months in network marketing and we become better people along the way. I can't say enough about the growth factor that occurred in us.

I recommend to anyone that is reading this, start on a personal development program today, regardless of what walk of life you have chosen. You will be amazed at what you can obtain. There are books, tapes, DVDs, CD's, just a massive amount of media that is available to all of us. Start with just 15 minutes per day and work your way up to an hour a day, and someday you will look back at who you were and not even recognize your old self.

Here are just a few mentors I would highly recommend, but there are so many good ones out there. The main thing is to just get started improving yourself.

Jim Rohn, Zig Ziglar, Tony Robbins, Robert Kiyosaki, Randy Gage, James Allen, Stephen Covey, Dr. Joseph Murphy, Eric Butterworth, Catherine Ponder.

Also, here is a link to 30 free personal growth ebooks for you to enjoy. http://www.whitedovebooks.co.uk/bookstore-index.htm

Here's to your growth and success,


Terry Poster
Looking for the perfect home business?

No comments:

Post a Comment